Monday, May 7, 2012

The Big 3.

I am truly envious and in awe of people that love what they are doing these days. 


People that know what they want. People that have gone after their deep-seeded dreams. People that have thrown their passion and heart into the entity that also, fortunately, mails them a paycheck.


But, at the end of the day, I am most in awe of those that have been able to find this fulfillment and happiness in the most unconventional and non-stereotypical means for our generation. Jobs that do not involve a desk. Jobs that do not involve a stethoscope or an LSAT score. Jobs that do not require business causal.


I am talking about the people that get the most judgement, the worried glances, the dreaded- "oh, but it's temporary, right?" at family functions. I am truly proud of those twentysomethings who go against the grain, take a risk, and jump into a career and group of people completely unexpected and seemingly off the beaten path.


While numerous family members, friends, and even my own sister have gone down the doctor and lawyer route- I want to make it clear that I am astounded by their drive, hard work, and intense perseverance. It takes guts to fill those roles. 


I am simply acknowledging the twentysomethings around us that have chosen a different path and have come to an understanding that it is ok not to be one of the "big three." 


That takes guts too.



No comments:

Post a Comment