Wednesday, May 23, 2012

25 + 26 + 27.

Day 25, 26, and 27 of my 30 day challenge.


Got a little behind here. So close to the finish line!


Day 25. Switched things up and finally got into a class at The Bar Method in Brentwood. This place is seriously popular. I have tried to go multiple times, (only to show up sweating, of course, because I am running late) to a full and packed class. I finally felt like a VIP when the nice receptionist felt bad for me and let me sneak into the crowded room. 


The wait was well worth it. I loved the instructor I had. As packed as the class was, she was still able to tweak my body, give me tips, and literally hold me in place during certain poses and movements. This goes miles with me. I am still a fish out of water with this type of workout and lack the poise and dancer-like grace that most people around me have. Any feedback is eagerly and appreciatively received on my end.


Last but not least, the spa-esque vibe and the free hair ties at the counter are a gigantic win. Good place. 






Day 26. Began the day with an early morning walk with Matt and Lucas. While the sweat on these types of days is minimal, I love the simplicity of the routine. I build up a warmth in my body, wander Brentwood before it wakes up, and get my dog out moving. Four miles later, we're back home and ready to start the day.




Day 27. Let's just say that I am glad I ran today. I did a loop out on the Brentwood golf course at a quicker speed than usual. While I have only been in the mood for shorter runs, my compromise is simply trying to pick up the pace. 


Dinner tonight, at The Tasting Kitchen, was thoroughly wonderful. With about a loaf of bread and a plate of pasta in my stomach, I'm thanking myself for the run earlier.


And... yes... I think I ate a loaf. Whoops.

2 comments:

  1. I' m still reading and enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Days 25, 26, 27 - backpacking! to one of our favorite places on the Colorado Trail: the lost creek wilderness. beautiful. cold!

    ReplyDelete