Wednesday, May 16, 2012

20.

Day 20 of my 30 day challenge.


I'll start with being completely honest - almost missed my workout today. I definitely had a teeter tooter moment of debating whether I should squeeze in a sweat prior to work this afternoon. I am so glad I didn't break my challenge 2/3 of the way in...Writing this blog really keeps me motivated and helps keep me honest with my goals. Even if I were the only reader, I'd feel a great benefit in that I am keeping myself accountable. 


Today was another beautiful, quick trip to the Santa Monica stairs. It was brutally hot today - or at least felt like it as I slowly ascended and descended the wooden steps. After only 7 loops, I was pouring sweat, heart pounding, and jumped in the car for the store. 


On another note, I am getting excited for Pedal on the Pier - a big fundraising event hosted by Kinetic Cycling on June 3rd. Maddie Marcus, Matt Dubin, and I are going to be biking on spin bikes that are going to fill and swallow up the Santa Monica Pier. 100 miles. No big deal.


It's such a fun, unique idea - and sends impoverished kids to summer camp. This event hits home in a multitude of ways and I truly believe in the mission. Camp was a vital part of my growing up. I would love to help share the experience with kids that aren't as lucky as I was. 


If you want to donate- anything would help! $1, $5, $10- anything. Seriously. My team would appreciate your support. 


https://pedalonthepier.haroldrobinsonfoundation.org/member.asp?m=291









2 comments:

  1. You are definitely not the only reader. I saw a similar spin bike fundraiser in Charlotte NC. Looked exhausting, but inspiring for the participants. I am very proud of you and your young man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 20: Long walk with Caroline to unwind after all the hiking the last two days. sore calves!

    ReplyDelete