Thursday, May 3, 2012

7.

Day 7 of my 30 day challenge.


Thursday nights are my favorite.


At 6:15pm, specifically.


I get the chance to lead the Lululemon running club each week and It's been one of the biggest runner's highs that I've gotten.


I get to chart out our course, meet the best people from the neighborhood, share my enthusiasm for health and wellness, and partake in the runner endorphins that seem to triple in size because we pummel down San Vicente in a big pack instead of by ourselves.


Everyone's smiliing. A certain camaraderie is shared. Goals for the night are set higher. The push to beat your last time to the finish is stronger. The sweat is simply more intense.


No matter how my day is going- I leave run club with a surge of enthusiasm and a smile on my face each and every time.


It's a special thing.




bunny hops during my "bootcamp"

squats... go jen!








1 comment:

  1. Day 7: evan, my fiancé, has been wanting to play tennis for ever and these rackets have been sitting next to the front door waiting to be used for .... A long time. So today we took Caroline the dog over to some nearby courts. I don't know why I didn't think this would be a work out, especially considering our failure to control the ball. Between evan hitting the ball across the court, or into trees, and caroline trying to beat me to it, i was running and laughing the whole time.

    We finished up with some squats and a bit of sunglass tan. :)

    ReplyDelete