Tuesday, May 15, 2012

18 + 19.

Day 18 and 19 of my 30 day challenge.


Day 18 was calming and beautiful. Matt and I took Lucas on a warm early walk along the Palisades Bluffs. The weather brought out the fun in everyone around us. The sunny morning atmosphere was contagious. We ran into people we knew, I made friends with a new mom and her toddler, and everyone stops and babies Lucas - which he absolutely loves. Three miles up and down the bluffs at a fast pace really got us sweating.








Day 19. One of my favorite workouts. I met Deanna, a fellow Lulu, at Velocity. I get so excited for these workouts because I basically get the sole attention of a professional trainer for an hour and a half.....for free.


By the end of the session, I'm dripping sweat to the point that I literally can't see straight. Today consisted of Jacob's ladder (a new favorite), pushing weights back and forth across the length of the gym, TRX bands, pushups, and a side stepping (for what seemed an eternity) with bands tied around my ankles. It feels so good to be done at 10:30am.


My energy throughout the workout, the strength I feel, and my endurance has definitely elevated itself within the last month. With a shake in hand, a day off ahead of me, and a sushi lunch in my near future- It's a happy tuesday.


And.....finished the day off scoping out the apartment scene in Brentwood with a long 5 mile walk with lucas and Matt.  :)



1 comment:

  1. 18 and 19: great adventure backpacking to conundrum hot springs outside aspen!

    ReplyDelete