Thursday, May 10, 2012

14.

Day 14 of my 30 day challenge.


Early morning wakeup. Jelly legs from Brick. Excited for Velocity.


Today's sweat was at another one of my new favorites- Velocity Sports Performance in Brentwood. 


This gym is intense. It was founded by one of the most famous track and field coaches in the world. He has trained about 120 olympians and recently gave our Lululemon run club the pleasure of showing us basic drills and technique during one of our workouts. We probably measured up to the olympians, no doubt.


This facility is another athlete's playground, as I like to say, and is all about strength training, stations, and individualized workouts. Our trainer was amazing and gave us one on one feedback and help. I always feel so incredibly lucky to have a professional eye guiding me through anything fitness related.


While I definitely have cut back on my running, my body is responding extremely well to the large amount of endurance, strength, and core building I've incorporated into my past few weeks. I feel good. I honestly feel leaner, due to my shakes, and I am definitely stronger. 


Loving where this all is going.




The Lu team


1 comment:

  1. Day 14: Played tennis this morning, with some lunges, sit ups, push-ups and tricep dips. Then off to power vinyasa at the Little Yoga Studio. Then up the hill to campus to drop off some books. Legs = tired :)

    ReplyDelete