Sunday, May 6, 2012

9+10.

Day 9 and 10 of my 30 day challenge.


Day 9, cinco de mayo, ended up being really fun in the neighborhood. Went to grab a drink with some Lulu friends post work and then proceeded to my hot and steamy yoga class- literally- right next door at Core Power yoga. Felt good to incorporate two such different activities into a two block radius. 


There's something special about yoga for me. It has turned into this delicate- almost project like- way of sweating. The movements are so different for me, so calculated, so intricate. It's like my body is a piece of clay, and I am slowing sculpting and working on it. It has definitely given me a different high than heading out each day and pounding the pavement.


Day 10, Sunday, was an all-time favorite at the beach. Some of my Lululemon run clubbers joined the sweaty, sandy bootcamp. After almost an hour and a half of sand sprints, crab walks, bear crawling, and core work, I let me toes dip into the ice cold water and enjoy the post workout endorphins. 


There's nothing like being done with a workout that involves friends, being outside, and a heavy sweat all before 10am. 




Lastly, it has been eye opening to realize how easy a lifestyle change can be once you've simply made up your mind. 


Each day, I'd go back and forth, back and forth, over whether to exercise, knowing it would feel good, getting draggy, and guilt tripping myself if i didn't. Now, the decision has already been made for me. I know I'm sweating. It has just become a matter of how. 


Having this one, small issue paired with a clean answer is freeing. It's been easy to incorporate the change. That lingering, naggy feeling in my head is gone. While this all may seem small, it just takes one thing off of my plate that comes paired with multiple answers and myriad decisions.


There is such beauty and freedom in the simplicity of simply making up your mind.







3 comments:

  1. Day 9: Took Caroline for a run to and around the soccer fields. It rained all night and all day, so my five fingers are super muddy. This is one day where barefoot running shows its perks. So many textures! Sore calves.

    I noticed how much easier this run has become for me in the last couple of weeks. I am excited to add on for the next one - after I turn in the last of my term papers this Friday (sooo excited!)

    Finally, I can't believe it's already been 8 days of this challenge. It's already starting to feel like a lifestyle. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how smooth of a change it was to simply decide to sweat every day. Its an incredible lifestyle change and one I hope we both keep up for a LONG time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 10: 3 mile walk with Evan and Caroline.

    ReplyDelete