Tuesday, May 8, 2012

12.

Day 12 of my 30 day challenge.


Fish out of water. 


That's how I felt the first time I went to a Pure Barre class - and not just because of the pointed toes and ballet bar, but due to the fact that I felt big and clumsy like Shaq while everyone around me moved throughout the room like dancers.


I still felt out of my element today but loved that I had a slight grasp on the workout. The movements are crazy. The entire class leaves your legs shaking- and I mean uncontrollably- and your arms and lower body burning. Each tweak of your legs, tuck of your stomach, and lift on your toes makes every single nook and cranny of your body feel like it's on fire. 


I never knew such an intense workout could be had with such tiny, minuscule movements.





2 comments:

  1. Having a dog is the best ever! Don't know what I would do without my golden, Zeke!

    Now if only he could run properly with me by my side instead of running into me... working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 12: now im two days behind due the flu! Plenty of sweating, but not a lot of movement. Finally feeling better, i went up to the flatirons for a quick morning hike to beat the rain.

    ReplyDelete