Wednesday, May 9, 2012

13.

Day 13 of my 30 day challenge.


BRICK.


Wow. I am wiped out.


After my fellow Lulu's wandered into work the last few days drenched in sweat, barely able to lift their arms above their heads, and raving at how the crossfit-like workout was like a normal class on speed... I knew I had to try whatever it was that they had found. 


Today was my day. The studio, Brick, is a sports performance training facility. It reminded me of the workouts I somehow managed to get access to at Berkeley. It doesn't involve machines and it's very one on one and intensive.


We moved from station to station, using TRX bands, weights, kettle bells- and my favorite- sprints that involved a man that looked like an NFL linebacker pulling me back with a giant rubberband tied around my waist. 


Definitely not your average workout... Felt like a playground for athletes and not just a stereotypical gym. 


Here's to hoping that I can walk up and down stairs tomorrow.





3 comments:

  1. I can't even tell you how wrapped up I've gotten in the CrossFit world. At this point, I don't think of it as working out; it just feels like the natural thing to do. To go into a garage-looking gym ('box' in the CF world) and bounce around between flipping tires, doing pullups, working in olympic lifts, doing wall-balls until you're not entirely sure you'll be able to pop back up on your very next rep; it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked up Brick and it looks fantastically awesome. I'd totally try it out, but don't think my student budget could afford the price tag, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 13: today i hiked to the top of boulder's bear peak. Legs like jealow on the way up, and amazing views of the rockies from the top.

    ReplyDelete