Friday, April 20, 2012

What's the logic behind all of this?!

Day one


My big Herbalife box shows up at my doorstep. 

What am i getting myself into!? 

Again, pushing that little voice away, I choose to focus on the positive. I am so excited to have a new project. Something i wake up to. Something I think about while going to sleep. Something that makes me want to work out solely for the purpose of testing out a post recovery product- JUST to see what happens.   Something to get excited about.

Good change is going to make you nervous, going to make you uncomfortable, going to take you out of your comfort zone. Now is my time to try. 

Now- what exactly am I doing and why am I choosing to do this?!

I am on a specific plan designed for for me. My nutrition- while fair to begin with- is being completely revamped, altered, and drastically improved. This is what my plan is constructed to do:

1. allow me to reach 100% of my RDA (recommended daily allowance). This includes all of the vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins, minerals and herbs that the human body is ideally intended to consume per day. Most men and women do not even get close to achieving this... as most people would need to cook up a storm, eat about 3,000 calories per day, and strictly keep track of their diet to get close. A little too complicated for me.
2. hit my target protein amount. As a tall girl- at 5'10"- I need to eat a lot of protein. I was not even coming CLOSE to hitting this amount before. Now, i'll be shooting for about 150 grams of protein per day.
3. Staying under my resting metabolic rate. I am burning about 1,400 calories per day just being by awake and moving around. I have figured out a way to stay below that, still get everything I need, not compromise the amount of food I am physically eating, and never allowing myself to go hungry throughout the day. This part- i LOVE.

Doing these 3 things will allow me to gain more lean muscle mass and drop my body fat percentage. Hopefully, this will allow to me run faster, have more energy, and see some fun and exciting definition in my body. NOT BAD!

What truly makes me comfortable about all of this is the fact that I am not eating less or cutting out the solid, real, tangible foods I normally eat. I am eating the same amount (as I am a HUGE foodie)- just being a little more conscientious about what I am choosing to consume. I am solely adding in a different element to my day. I am not drinking protein shakes or cleansers- I am eating a healthy, perfect, well balanced meal that has been condensed. It's as if I took a chicken breast, asparagus, sweet potatoes, and brown rice- blended it into a cup- and took it with me on the go. It's 2,500 calories of what I need per day, shaved down to 200, and blended up nicely into a cup. 






No comments:

Post a Comment