Wednesday, April 18, 2012

stepping out of the box

The act of starting a blog sums up my post college life into a neat, little nutshell...
I am simply doing things I never pictured myself doing. The past 9 months have brought me the unexpected, the random, and some of the best. The two jobs that I have had post graduation have literally allowed me to cross paths with some of the best people i have ever met....while the day to day role I am fulfilling within a company is the polar opposite of where I pictured myself while in school.

All of this has made me realize that I can sit and plan as much as I want, trying to structure and control the time ahead of me, but everything seems to happen on a random course that has a mind of its own. Events, encounters, and short conversations (that end up being extremely fateful) seem to fall into my lap- or breeze by me at the Santa Monica stairs- at the oddest of times...and immediately direct me on a completely different course than I was on before. 

As someone who likes structure, this has definitely been an interesting ride...  

So, right on time- right on course- here is random event #25 that has happened post college. This one definitely deserves the time, photos, descriptions, and humor of a space like this. The experience is so new for me and exciting- that I've decided to step out of the box even further...do something I never pictured myself doing...and track my progress step by step with anyone interested.

here goes...!

No comments:

Post a Comment