Friday, April 27, 2012

30. (day 1)

The last few days- wrapped up in a nutshell.


I've felt good. My days have been filled with lots of energy, activity, and exercise. I've been more motivated to get a workout in every single day. My body has been responding to the physical exertion exceptionally well. I also want to get the miles, time on the stairs, and classes under my belt to "test" out my nutrition plan even further...seeing how I respond post recovery  and how my body is slowly changing in certain areas.


I feel strong.


With that said, I want to test myself even further.


Starting today- I will begin a 30 day challenge. I've seen multiple people do these before- from my coworkers at Lululemon, to fitness instructors, to the "ambassadors" whose pictures hang on our store walls.


All in all, its a period of time where you become your own accountability partner. You choose to exercise every single day, to follow through, to integrate a time of the day that involves getting your heart rate up, and to commit to inventing new ways of sweating.


I am so much happier when I've built up a sweat, thrown on my running shoes, gotten my cheeks flushed, and have my sun streaked freckles reforming on my face. It literally makes everything better in that bubble of time. My life, relationships, internal optimism, and overall wellbeing improve.


So, here's to incorporating that high into my life every single day. 


Please hold me accountable. 
Get me out sweating with you. 
Invite me to a class. 
Kick me in the butt when I'm deciding to skip the trek around the Brentwood golf course. 
Join me.  :)


DAY ONE

Long run on the treadmill with Matt by my side on the bike. 
Went 6.7 miles with some hill work, sprints, and distance in between. 
Was done by 11am with a post run lunch at my favorite sushi spot. 
(matt, of course, stole my post recovery shake..!!)

















No comments:

Post a Comment