Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday

Saturday. 

I woke up feeling good. 

My body feels like it can bounce off the walls around me. 

I am thoroughly enjoying this newfound pulse of energy that has been pushing itself through my body this past week. It never seems to falter. It keeps my brain buzzing and my mind focused until the moment I'm lying in bed ready to sleep.

What's crazy, for those of you who know me well, is that I have NOT been to Peet's ONCE this week. No coffee since last sunday. And the sad thing? I don't even miss it. I'm still going to incorporate it into my week because Peet's and all those that work there are my little mecca in Brentwood... but I'm definitely going to cut back. I just don't need it anymore. The power of tea has definitely shown itself to me... or, as my health coach likes to call it, "a run in a bottle."

Today was also exciting because I finally got to attend the biggest health and wellness training of the week at Active Nutrition. I walked in, let my guard down, turned my brain into sponge mode, and tried to soak in everything possible. It is so gratifying and helpful for me to continue meeting people in the flesh- to see the transformed people in front of me, to ask them how they began, and to tell that little nagging voice in the back of the head that the results are legitimate and real.

Everyone is so welcoming, positive, upbeat, unique, and from all walks of life. Encouragement, motivation, and dreaming big are not hard to come by here.

room packed at training today

Being in this environment is good for me. When I feel out of place, I adjust and break the ice with someone new. I am wrapping my mind around concepts, ideas, and tools that I've never needed to use before. If, at the end of the day, I am only able to help myself, become the athlete i want to be, and develop personally, I would be content. 

But, unfortunately, it won't be as easy as that. I've decided that my goals are much bigger. 












No comments:

Post a Comment