Sunday, April 29, 2012

3.

Day 3 of my 30 day challenge.


Rolling out of bed was hard today! Good thing I had a pal from work waiting for me at beach bootcamp - otherwise I may have snoozed my alarm approximately 25 times this morning.... daily occurrence. seriously.


(and hopefully- soon- a thing of the past)


The energy starts flowing every time I hit the sand. My mood gets better, I have a big smile on my face, and combining beach time, friend time, and workout all into one is pretty sweet.


With over 400 people on the sand today- It got a little bit crazy. Just imagine an army of people playing dodgeball against one another. People yelling, sprinting, jumping, ducking, and balls literally whizzing by your head. I had no problem lurking in the back and watching the chaos unwind around me today. Good time to chat and make friends in "jail" right?!







After dodgeball, things get serious. 


We run a few lifeguard towers and begin stations. It's a constant battle to keep up the energy at each specific workout, maintain your heart rate, and get through the motions as many times as possible. 


Today included squats, bear crawling through the sand under tied ropes (my favorite- as I collapse about a dozen times), sprints, rockclimbers, and burpees...just to name a few.






Getting a workout like this in before the city starts buzzing and coming to life is amazing. It's therapeutic. Like I've said before, definitely HOOKED.









1 comment:

  1. Day 3: eeearly morning warm vinyasa class at the little yoga studio in boulder. I think ineed this challenge, because my legs were litterally shaking at the end of class. The bike from home to campus afterwards was harder than usual today, but i think it helped me work out some of the lactic acid. What a great way to start the day!! Sorry for the lack of pictures - no smartphone :(

    ReplyDelete