Saturday, April 21, 2012

The 800 calorie spin

I am feeling GOOD. My body is soaking this all in like a weed.


With that said, I am SORE.


This week, I've felt a different push within my body while exercising. 


The energy is bursting at the seams. I'm not tired. I'm motivated in a different way. My desire to see results has me going longer and harder. With that said, my body is definitely adjusting to this different enthusiasm. 


The differences so far.. 


Monday: after a crack of dawn meeting at the store, I uncharacteristically decided to bike to the Santa Monica stairs. By the way, biking to work in the first place is one tiny achievement and alteration. Once at the stairs, I climbed my way up and down 10 times. With my legs thoroughly feeling like jelly, I biked my way home. 


Tuesday: Took lucas, my pup, on a long hike at Will Rogers state park. I attribute this outing to my increased energy and the addition of green tea to my diet. I usually would settle for less of an excursion in the middle of the day before heading to work. 


Wednesday: my favorite activity.. spin class with my friend maddie. I usually get distracted during class, feeling my energy fluctuating like a roller coaster ride, and am watching the clock. Class was like a laser beam for me. I pushed so much harder than usual, burned a huge amount of calories, and left motivated.


Thursday: I lead the local Lululemon Run Club. While the fact that having over 10 members thrilled me and amped up my energy, I was able to incorporate an intense, interactive, and enjoyable speed workout along the edge of the Brentwood golf course. Everyone left sweaty, sore, and happy.


So, yes, I am SORE. And yes, I am a little tired today. 


But, all in all, this week has been a huge success. Each day has allowed me to move my activities up a notch- and for that, I celebrate. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, your positive spirit, and celebrating internally!

    ReplyDelete