Monday, September 24, 2012

5.6.7.8.

With a great last week coming to close, I greeted this monday completely depleted and drained.

To put today into perspective, I realized halfway through my shift at work that I had been carrying around pieces of my laundry load with me for hours.

Literally.

How I went about work for 5 hours without realizing I had extra pairs of underwear attached on the inside of my pants, I have NO idea.

And I was wearing TIGHTS.

Whoops.

Having a day like this meant one thing. Instead of my usual trip to Velocity, I made my way to my couch and passed out.

Good Call.

Workout? nope. Instead, a nap with Lucas.



To sum up this past week...

Friday I spent a few hours walking by the beach.

Saturday I tried a new instructor at Velocity. It was the perfect way to start a long day. 60 minutes of the most intense circuit class I've done to date. The instructor was great. Sweet and soothing, while focused and completely unrelentless. To say the least, I'll be back each weekend for more.

Sunday consisted of a peaceful but tough class at Maha Yoga in Brentwood. The 90 minute session (yes, 90!) found a way to intertwine muscle burning poses, an intensive ab workout, and a soothing, stretching session that almost had me asleep by savasana. The sunlight room, hardwood floors, and flowing white curtains make this space feel tranquil and special. A perfect way to spend a sunday afternoon.

like a yoga candyshop.



No comments:

Post a Comment